Thursday, October 2, 2014

Cajun Blackened Redfish



I've been longing to cook up a little something special for Ms. ArtSea Chic for some time now and with the long Labor Day Weekend that we were able to spend together, I finally had that opportunity. As you'll come to find out, I enjoy experimenting anytime I am able to get in the kitchen and put my culinary skills to the test (not saying there are many skills there...but I do surprise myself every once in awhile).

So I went out in search for something new with a little spice and some bold flavor and found an interesting recipe for Cajun Blackened Redfish from Allrecipes.com. This is a simple recipe with minimal preparation that can be cooked up easily in less than an hour. Thanks to the help of Ms. ArtSea Chic for deciding on the sides of white rice and steamed broccoli drizzled in shredded cheese, which paired well with the freshly caught redfish from our Texas bays.


Here is what you'll need:

  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 2 tsp lemon pepper (I decided to substitute a Lemon Herb Seasoning which is a zesty blend of lemon, basil and oregano)
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 2-1/2 Cups Italian-Style salad dressing
  • 8 (4 oz) Redfish fillets

Directions:

  1. Pre-heat oven to 350⁰ F.
  2. Layer an 11"x17" baking dish with tin foil leaving enough to wrap and seal the tin foil around the fillets.
  3. In a microwavable safe bowl, melt butter and allow to cool to room temperature. While butter is cooling, use a medium bowl to combine the cayenne pepper, black pepper, lemon herb seasoning, garlic powder and salt for your seasoning mix.
  4. Once cooled, dip each fillet into the melted butter, then coat both sides with the seasoning mix.
  5. Using a large skillet over medium-high heat, sear all fillets on each side for approximately 2 minutes, or until slightly charred.
  6. Place seared fillets in the 11"x17" baking dish and lightly coat each fillet with the Italian style dressing.
  7. Seal fillets in the tin foil and bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until flaky. 


After the fish is finished baking and ready to serve, you could also drizzle some more Italian-Style salad dressing over the redfish for a little extra zing. Hope you enjoy!


Do you have a good Redfish recipe? Share with everyone how you spice it up in the kitchen by posting a comment below! I look forward to hearing about your favorite recipes, until next time...

Keep your Tail Dirty, and Fish On!


Unless otherwise stated, all content and photographs are ©DirtyTail Fishing. Please do not copy or distribute photographs without first asking for permission. Paid endorsement disclosure: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of compensation for my endorsement, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please know that I only recommend and endorse products and services that I personally approve, appreciate, and feel would be helpful for readers. All ideas and opinions expressed are completely my own. Thank you for supporting DirtyTail Fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...