Monday, January 12, 2015

And So The Journey Begins


Taking a short break from training

When I was younger, our family would take road trips as our vacations.  So many miles on the road were covered with me, being the youngest of two older brothers, stuffed in between both my older brothers in the backseat for what seemed like forever!  With everyone in the car, I'm pretty sure the longest duration where it was actually quiet was maybe 2 minutes at the most with all the bickering going on, imaginary boundary lines being crossed, random bathroom stops on the side of the road or someone yelling out, "Are we there yet?".  Those were the days...(as I sit back with a smile on my face imagining all the chaos and laughter we shared in that minivan on the open road).  Now, as I sit here in my late 20's, I would give anything to share the road again between my two brothers regardless of the kicking and screaming that might occur on the way.

Well, let the journey begin.  As of Wednesday January 7, 2015, myself along with both of my brothers are beginning a journey that will take us hundreds of miles over the next several weeks, a journey that will be fulfilling for all of us and be carried out on 2 wheels, a journey that is for the benefit of Multiple Sclerosis victims, families and care takers, a journey for hope of finding a cure for this disease and a journey that will eventually take myself and my brothers on a challenging 150 mile bike ride from Houston, Texas to Austin, Texas on April 18-19, 2015 while we ride in the BP MS150.



I know this is not my normal type of fishing or outdoors post, but for all the privileges I am blessed with, I feel it is only right to give back when I can.  This journey will be adventurous for me as I have never ridden a bike for long distances before.  Most of the time, I ride mountain bike trails and occasionally I'll take it around the block for a little evening neighborhood fishing trip after work.  This will require me to log many miles over the next few months for training and endurance.  I am going to push myself to train my body and prepare myself mentally and physically for this grueling 150 mile bike ride over the course of two days.

About Multiple Sclerosis

Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is an unpredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system that disrupts the flow of information within the brain, and between the brain and body.  MS affects millions of people, including our loved ones, families, friends, fishing buddies and co-workers.  That's why I've registered for Bike MS.  Bike MS is a ride that brings us closer together to make a difference in the lives of people affected by Multiple Sclerosis...and each mile we ride brings us closer to a world free of MS.


Please Support Us


For this endeavor, my brothers and I have began the 3 Brothers, 1 Cause campaign which you can follow along on FaceBook as we take you along for the ride with us.  However, In order to compete in this endeavor, we need your help!  We have a registration fee which we've covered, but we also have a minimum donation amount to raise in order to qualify to ride.  We are asking for your help in the form of a donation to the National MS Society, which will directly impact the research to find a cure for MS.

Please help me achieve my goal by visiting:

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/ToddMass


You can help my brothers as well by visiting their pages:

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/CodyMass

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/JoshMass


We, along with all of those participating in the ride, or are affected by MS greatly appreciate your help and support!!!  I look forward to bringing you all along with me on my journey.  Thank You!!!

Until I see you at the finish line...

Keep your Tail Dirty, and Fish On!


Unless otherwise stated, all content and photographs are ©DirtyTail Fishing. Please do not copy or distribute photographs without first asking for permission. Paid endorsement disclosure: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of compensation for my endorsement, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please know that I only recommend and endorse products and services that I personally approve, appreciate, and feel would be helpful for readers. All ideas and opinions expressed are completely my own. Thank you for supporting DirtyTail Fishing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...